Locke House Star Lodge #1 Free & Accepted Masons (1795)
Picture 1 of 9
The building located at the corner of Avis and South Lawrence Streets is one of the oldest stone structures in Charles Town. The land was purchased from Charles Washington in 1791. John Locke erected the building about 1795. Star Lodge #1, AF & AM and Queen of the Valley Lodge #1558, Order of the Odd Fellows purchased it in 1885. The Odd Fellows sold their share of the building to the Star Lodge in June 1927. The Free and Accepted Masons still own the structure. It is a Charles Town Historical Landmark.